#IFHAB19 WORKSHOP SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The Interdisciplinary Freshwater Harmful Algal Blooms Workshop encourages the use of social media as a way to engage the broader community in the event. In order to respect the needs and expectations of all attendees, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines when sharing information online:
SOCIAL MEDIA BEST PRACTICES
- While the default option is to allow open discussion, please respect any request by a presenter to not disseminate the contents of their presentation.
- If you are a presenter, include your Twitter handle and affiliation in your presentation.
- Be sure to include a presenter’s name or Twitter handle, their affiliation, and the workshop hashtag, #IFHAB19, in your post.
- If you are directly quoting a presenter, make use of “quotation marks”.
- Refrain from posting images of figures and/or tables with data.
- Video and audio recording of presentations is prohibited.
- When communicating online, be respectful of others. Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated.
OPTION FOR LIMITING SOCIAL MEDIA COVERAGE OF YOUR PRESENTATION
Presenters should assume that their talks are being covered on social media. If presenters do not wish to have the content of their presentation (visual or oral) shared on social media, please include the following Opt-Out Twitter Icon with your presentation. The icon should be included on every slide to ensure your preference is known.
Thank you in advance to all attendees for following these guidelines when sharing information online. Please connect with us on Twitter @IFHABWorkshop. As a reminder, the conference hashtag is #IFHAB19.